Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The LIME Diet

1 comments
Losing Weight after 45 is a Bitch: The LIME Diet:

The LIME Diet


I'm on the LIME Diet to lose weight. LIME stands for "Less Intake More Exercise."
Fad diets come and go, but I've found that the one and only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat less and exercise more. Period. End of story.

I've tried fad diets. I've tried taking "magic" supplements and pills. But neither fad diet nor magical concoctions ever led to permanent weight loss for me.

I've been trying to keep that in mind as I reorganize my life to lose the pounds that I've put back on, and to keep them off once I lose them again.

Now the "More Exercise" part of the equation isn't a problem for me, motivation wise. I happen to love to exercise and could really do it for hours a day. Unfortunately, I can't. I have kids, a husband, a job and a house. So as much as I love to spend whole days hiking, biking, practicing yoga, etc., I just can't.


But I do manage to get a fair amount of exercise in every week because I love to do it. I walk at least five days a week, practice yoga at least 3 and Tai Chi at least once. I also started working out with a personal trainer once a week. Plus I ski, hike and cross country ski whenever I can.

No, for me the issue is one of less eating. I love to eat.

I am lucky in that I'm a somewhat picky eater,and that saves me on many an occasion.

Passing a McDonald's is easy for me because I just don't like the food. Never did. When I was a teen-ager when my friends were ordering Big Macs and Shakes, I'd just order a diet soda.

I'm also good with passing up junkier processed foods for that reason.

I also don't like foods such as Ham, hot dogs, bacon and many kinds of beans. If I'm at some one's house and they serve ham, I'll pick at it to be polite, but it's pretty easy for me to leave it on the plate.

But, I do love sweets. You can put a bag of Oreos in front of me and I wouldn't feel the least temptation to reach in and grab one. If, however, you put a plate of fresh, home-made or bakery-fresh, chocolate chip cookies in front of me, I'm going in.

I also just love good food in general, and tend to overindulge when I'm in a good restaurant or at some one's house who really knows how to cook (and, being that I'm Italian, we have a lot of good cooks in my family).

But, I realize that I have to step back, breath, and just eat less. I have to remember portion control, and that while I can taste, I shouldn't gorge.

I have to keep the first part of the LIME diet in mind whenever I eat--Less Intake, and hopefully that will lead to less me.

1 comment:

  1. There are also some supplements you can take to make your diet easier.
    http://dietpillsreviewsncoupons.com/diet-pills/ubervita-w700-thermogenic-hyper-metabolizer/

    ReplyDelete