Health Benefits of Cardamom / Elachi
Health Benefits Cardamom / Elachi
Promoted By Dr.Shikha Sharma Nutri Health
Cardamom herb or cumin cardamom is referred to as the Queen of spices and is popularly referred to as cardamom / elaichi in India and the Indian subcontinent. Apart from its aromatic fragrance used for flavoring foods, cardamom uses range from it being a digestive system tonic to an essential oil in aroma therapy. Here are some Cardamom has a strong, unique taste, with an intensely aromatic, resinous fragrance. Black cardamom has a distinctly more smoky, though not bitter, aroma with a coolness some consider similar to mint.
Health benefits of cardamom / Elachi
- Cardamom fights against gas. It helps to relieve gas and heart burn.
- Cardamom gives instant relief from the headache. (Applying the paste over forehead gives the relief.)
- Cardamom is useful for the protection against heat stroke. One should chew a cardamom while going outside home in sun.
- Aromatic cardamom acts as breath freshener because of its fragrance.
- Cardamom is very good refinement spice against caffeine. (Detoxifies caffeine).
- Helpful in balancing all the three doshas that’s why termed as “tridoshic”Little quantity of cardamom is beneficial in balancing kapha”.
- Useful in various kinds of respiratory disorders. In sore throat beneficial.
- Cardamom also helps in asthma and whooping-cough. Make a paste by adding cardamom powder and honey.
- Regular use of this mixture will give you relief from asthma and whooping-cough.
- Cardamom has very good anti-spasmodic abilities so it is very helpful in stopping spasms and tremors.
- Cardamom helps in the stimulation and regulation process of discharge of gastric juices and balances stomach acids.
- Cardamom helps greatly to cure teeth gum and tooth infections.
- Cardamom supports the detoxification process of the body and helps to filter the entire body.
- Cardamom is useful in the problems of urinating. You just have to eat cardamom added in to amla, curd, or honey.
- Cardamom warms the respiratory tract and by doing this, it increases the circulation to the lungs.
- It helps those suffering from stomach cramps (cardamom +long pepper clarified butter).
- Cardamom is a boon for vocalists as it helps in improving voice.
- It has some role in relieving hiccups.
- It is one of the antidepressant in Ayurveda.
- Good remedy in vomiting.
- Cardamom’s aroma has encouraging effects on the nervous system. It gives healthy feelings during the period of weakness.
Health Benefits of Cardamom / Elachi Reviewed by Thirunavukkarasu B on 7/22/2011 07:53:00 PM Rating: